This Szechuan sauce will spice up your noodle dishes or make a great dipping sauce (just mix in a little bit of soy sauce) for dumplings, wontons or egg rolls!
Note: Product links below are affiliate links. I may earn a commission if you purchase an item on a linked website within 24 hours.
Szechuan Sauce for Dumplings, Noodles, Eggrolls and More...
- Wash the chilies. Dry them completely.
- Roughly cut the chilies into chunks.
- Transfer it to a blender, blend it until there is not big chunk. Set it aside.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Heat up 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a small sauce pot using medium heat. Add in the garlic. Stir it for 2 minutes.
- Then add the chili paste. Keep stiring for 3 minutes.
- Add 2 tsp of salt combine well. then add in sichuan peppercorn powder. Continue to mix it well.
- Turn off the heat. Let it set and cool down to room temperature.
- Put it in a jar and add enough sesame oil to cover the chili paste. You are done!
HOW TO STORE:
- This will stay good for around 30 days at room temperature. It will last 2 months in the fridge.
HOW TO SERVE:
- What I usually do is use it to make a quick noodles dish. Having this sauce is convenient if you don’t have a lot of time to cook.
- You can also serve it as dipping sauce for dumplings or wonton.
- There are also many sichuan chili dishes that use this sauce as the base.