Chinese steamed egg with shrimp; this is an easy healthy dish. Take less than 10 minutes to make and it is soft like pudding. Very delicious.
Note: Product links below are affiliate links. I may earn a commission if you purchase an item on a linked website within 24 hours.
Steamed Egg Custard With Shrimp
- First, marinate the shrimp with salt and black pepper
- Crack 3 large eggs and scramble it. Add 1 cup of water and 1/3 tsp of salt. Let it go through a fine sieve to get rid of the bubbles. If there is any egg left in the sieve, you just use a spatula to press it down.
- Put this in the steamer. Steam it on high heat for about 6 minutes.
- 6 minutes later - you can place the shrimp on top of the egg.
- Cover it. Let it cook for another 2 minutes. What we are looking for is the shrimp to turn pink.
- Take it out. Combine 1 tsp of soy sauce, 2 tsp of water, few drops of sesame oil together and pour it into the egg. Sprinkle some diced spring onion on top and you are done.