This is the third episode of my Thai food series and we are making a Thai spicy seafood salad. Normally I don’t like to eat salad, but this changed my mind. It smells amazing. So lemony and citrusy, also, quite spicy. There are tons of flavors. Really worth a try.
Note: Product links below are affiliate links. I may earn a commission if you purchase an item on a linked website within 24 hours.
Spicy Seafood Salad
- 6 ounces of peeled shrimp
- 6 ounces of squid
- 1.5 cup of shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup of small tomato
- 1/2 cup of cucumber
- 1/4 cup of onion
- 1/2 cup of pineapple
- 2 tbsp of mint leaves
- 2 tbsp of basil leaves
- Add some oil into the wok and heat it up. Put in the seafood. Simply stir them on high heat until the shrimp turn pink. Take it out and let it cool down. Because we don’t want to add the hot meat to the salad.
- While waiting, we can make the salad dressing. 2 tbsp of fish sauce, 2 tbsp of lime juice, 1 tbsp of water, 1 clove of smashed garlic, 1 tsp of sugar. 1.5 tbsp of lemongrass, some hot chilies, and some diced cilantro.
- I like to let the dressing to sit there for about 10 minutes so that the liquid can be fully infused with the lemongrass and the chili. The longer you let the chilies sit there, the spicier it will be. You definitely want to be aware with that.
- During this time we can prepare our vegetables. 1.5 cup of shredded cabbage, 1/2 cup of chopped tomato, 1/2cup of cucumber, 1/4 cup of onion, 1/2 cup of pineapple
- By now, the seafood should be cooled down. Usually, there will be some liquid. You can pour that out because you don’t want to dilute the dressing.
- Next is the herb. Some Thai basil and some mint leaves. You want to make sure you add the mint leaves right before serving because they turn black quickly after you diced it.
- Pour in the dressing. Toss everything together. And you are done.