I have made a Ma La Tang recipe not so long ago. In that video, I showed you how to make the Ma La Tang flavor sauce. Today, we will use this sauce to make 2 quick recipes. This is the second recipe.
Spicy Lotus Root Salad (凉拌藕片)
This is a cold dish. We usually serve it as an appetizer or side dish. Sometimes I even snack on it as it is because I like the taste of it and lotus root healthy so i don’t might to eat a lot.
- In a sauce bowl, add in 3 tbsp of soy sauce, 1.5 tbsp of black vinegar, 1.5 tbsp of malatang sauce, 1/2 tsp of sugar, 1 drizzle of sesame oil. Add in some diced garlic, chilies, and cilantro. Mix well and set it aside.
- Peel the lotus root and slice it into 3 mm thick pieces.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the lotus root slices. Put on the lid. Let it cook for 2 minutes. The water should come back to a boil. Take the lotus root out.
- Put them on a rack. Spread them out. Let their own heat to evaporate the moisture on the surface because you don’t want the liquid to dilute the seasoning.
- Once the lotus root of cooled down, you can put it in a big mixing bowl along with the sauce. Mix everything and you are done.