Today we are making scrambled eggs with shrimp. It is a classic Cantonese dish. It is one of those homestyle recipes that your mom or grandmom make often. The ingredients are simple. The constructions are incredibly easy. I feel like it is my fault that it took so long for me to share it with you guys. Let’s get started.
- Grate 2 cloves of garlic and 1 tsp of ginger.
- Marinate 6 ounces of shrimp with 2 cloves grated garlic, 1 tsp of ginger paste, 1/4 tsp of salt, some freshly ground black pepper to taste, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Crack 6 eggs. Add some salt to taste and beat them well.
- Turn the heat to the maximum. Heat the wok until there is smoke coming out. Add some cooking oil, 2-3 tbsp. Give it a toss so the oil covers the bottom. When the oil starts smoking lightly, add the shrimp. Spread it out. Let it cook until it just turned color. Be careful not to burn the garlic bits.
- Switch the heat to the lowest possible. Quickly push all the shrimps to the side so you have room for the eggs. Once the edge of the egg is slightly cooked, you gonna use a spatula to gently pull the cooked egg toward the center. And the uncooked egg will run to the side. You have to be patient here and wait for the edge to set again. You just keep doing that until there is 1/3 of the liquid egg left in the wok.
- Mix the shrimps into the egg. Turn off the heat when you don’t see any more obvious liquid. Add in some diced scallion. Give it a final stir and you are done. Enjoy!