This Chinese style garlic shrimp with noodles recipe is a MUST TRY! The garlic flavor explodes in your mouth as soon as you take the first bite!
Note: Product links below are affiliate links. I may earn a commission if you purchase an item on a linked website within 24 hours.
Garlic Shrimp w/ Vermicelli Noodles Recipe
- 150 g of vermicelli rice noodles
- 400 g of shrimp
MAKE THE SAUCE:
- - Put 4 tbsp of vegetable oil in the saucepan. And fry the garlic, red chilies and coriander stems on low heat for 3-5 minutes.
- - When the oil turns red, transfer it into a bowl.
- - Add the rest of ingredients in. Which are 2 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine, 2 tbsp of soy sauce, 2 tsp of sugar, a tsp of black vinegar, 1/4 tsp of salt (or to taste).
- - Give it a nice mix and set it aside.
PREPARE THE NOODLES:
- - Cook the noodle until soft. It will take about 8 minutes.
- - Use rice noodles, don’t use other types of noodles. Because after steaming, they usually turn soggy and sticky, won’t taste as good as rice noodles.
- - Place it on a large plate. You want to get rid of the water as much as possible.
- - Put a little bit more in the middle, so it looks nicer when we place the shrimp on.
PREPARE AND COOK THE SHRIMP:
- - Peel, butterfly, and de-vein the shrimp
- - You can remove the head If you want them to be easier to eat.
- - Place it on top of the noodles.
- - Spoon the sauce over the shrimp and noodles. Make sure to put enough on the noodles so they are flavorful. Now it is time to steam.
- - Bring the water to a boil and then cover it let it steam on high heat for 3-5 minutes
- - Let it sit in the wok for 2 minutes after you turn off the heat, do not open the cover.
- - garnish it with scallion and coriander, you are done.