Egg fried rice is an easy dish, but most people (and even restaurants) don’t do a good job. It’s usually too oily, heavy or salty. This recipe has an amazing balance of flavor while remaining light. Learn how to prepare egg fried rice, the right way!
Note: Product links below are affiliate links. I may earn a commission if you purchase an item on a linked website within 24 hours.
Egg Fried Rice Recipe
- Heat up your wok. Add the oil and egg whites. Egg white is really easy to stick to the wok, it is better to use a non-stick wok.
- Add all the vegetable. Stir it for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 tsp salt, give it a mix and set it aside.
- Mix the rice with egg yolks until you don’t see white rice.
- Heat your wok to high temperature and then turn the heat to medium.Put 2 tbsp of cold vegetable oil and add in the rice immediately. (This is a little trick to help the rice not to stick to the bottom since I don’t have a non-stick wok.)
- Use your spatula to break down the big piece, so the rice cook evenly.
- After a few minutes stirring, you can smell the egg, also you can see that your rice is popping. That means you are doing correctly.
- I like to put a tbsp of rose wine. It is optional. I really like the rose fragrance mixed with egg fried rice. Smells so good. And also it makes the rice a little soft.
- Mix it with the vegetables.
- Add half tsp of salt and ground pepper to taste. Give it a mix and you are done.