Last week, I shared a full tutorial on how to make HK style XO sauce. Today, I am going to use it to make a quick, easy and delicious shrimp stir fry noodles
Note: Product links below are affiliate links. I may earn a commission if you purchase an item on a linked website within 24 hours.
Shrimp Chow Mein With XO Sauce
- 3 cups of cooked noodles coated it with a little bit oil
- 4.5 ounces of peeled de-veined shrimp seasoned with 1/8 tsp of salt, 1/8 tsp of black pepper, 1.5 tsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of olive oil to stir fry
- 3 cloves of garlic grated
- 1 cup of thinly shredded carrot
- 1.5 cup of bean sprout
- a bunch of spring onion
- a bunch of cilantro slices
- 1.5 tbsp of XO sauce use a little more to top the noodles at the end
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of oyster sauce
- Season the shrimp with salt, black pepper, and some olive oil. Mix it well and set it aside.
- Pre-cook the noodles in boiling water until they are halfway done. Don’t cook them all the way done. You want them to be a bit firm because we will stir fry it later. Drain them and add some vegetable oil to prevent the noodles from sticking together. It is better to cook the noodles right before the stir-frying. Even though we add oil, they will stick together if sitting too long.
- Heat up your wok. Add in the shrimp. We season the shrimp with oil before so I am not adding any oil now. Cook them on both sides until they just turn pink. It will only take a minute or Take them out and set it aside.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil to the wok along with the carrot shreds, bean sprout, a little bit of grated garlic and the noodles. Quickly toss them so the oil coats everything. In this way, the noodles won’t stick to the wok. Keep cook them on medium heat for a few minutes until you think the vegetables are done.
- Add a bunch of spring onion, a bunch of cilantro, the shrimp we cooked before and the seasoning (1 tbsp of soy sauce mixed with 1 tbsp of oyster sauce, 1.5 tbsp of XO sauce). Mix everything until well combined. The noodles are cooked already and the vegetables are thinly shredded so this dish is really quick. You do want to give it a taste before serving to adjust the saltiness.
- Top a little more XO sauce before serving.