I hope all of your are doing well. The whole world is fighting the conoravirus. You will find the supermarket shelves stripped bare as a result of panic buying. I understand it can be difficult cooking without the right ingredients. Today I will show how to make a good fried rice with the ingredients that you already have in your kitchen.
Easiest Egg Fried Rice
- 1 cup of long-grain rice rinse with water until the water is clear
- 2 tsp of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of water to cook the rice
- 1 cup of mixed vegetable
- 2 medium-size eggs
- 3 to 4 slices bacon or other types of protein
- 1/4 cup of diced scallion
- 1.5 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 1.5 tsp of dark soy sauce
- Rinse 1 cup of long-grain rice with water for several times until the water becomes clear. Then drain it completely. Add the rice to a nonstick pot along with 2 tsp of vegetable oil. Stir to mix and pour in 1 cup of water. Put on the lid. Turn the heat to high and bring this pot to a boil. It is better to use a glass lid that can see through, so you will know exactly when it is boiling. Turn the heat to the lowest possible. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and the rice should be perfectly cooked. You don’t want to cook it for too long or else the bottom will be burned. We used one cup of uncooked rice, which approximately makes 2 cups of cooked rice. Let the rice chill in the fridge for 4 hours or longer. The next day, you can break it up and it should be fluffy, not sticky at all.
- Besides the rice, you also want to pick a couple types of protein. I choose egg. All you need to do is beat it well. Set it aside.
- For the meat, you can marinade some chicken,beef or shrimp. Consider I already made videos with those examples, today I will use bacon. Cut it into bite size. Separate the pieces and set it aside.
- Prepare1 cup of vegetable mix and we can start cooking.
- Add the bacon to the wok. Use medium or medium low heat to cook it until it is golden. Another thing I like about using bacon is that it gives you so mach fat which makes the rice even more flavorful. Of course, you can take out some if your bacon provides more oil than what you need. Leave about 2-3 tbsp of oil in the wok.
- Add the beaten egg. Turn the heat to medium high and slightly brown it. Use your spatula and break it into many pieces. Add the vegetables mix. Keep cooking until they are soft then add the rice. Turn the heat to highest possible. Stir to cook for 5 minutes.
- Seasoning it with oyster sauce, soy sauce, dark soy sauce. Mix until you don’t see any white rice. toss in some diced scallion. Give it a taste before serving so you can adjust the flavor.