This is my favorite chicken wings, every time I serve this, no matter how many I cook, they will be gone in no time! It is oven fried/baked. Super easy to make. I am sure if you try it you will fall in love=)
Note: Product links below are affiliate links. I may earn a commission if you purchase an item on a linked website within 24 hours.
Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken Wings (w/ Sweet and Sour Sauce)
FOR THE CHICKEN WINGS MARINADE:
FOR THE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE:
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tsp of sesame seed optional garnish
- diced cilantro optional garnish
- small lime
- Marinate the chicken wings with 1 and a half tbsp of garlic chili sauce. You can use any Asian-style chili sauce, just need to adjust it to your level.
- Next, we gonna add 1/2 tsp of salt and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Last, we gonna add a little bit vegetable oil, just to lubricated, also a little bit oil will make the skin even more crispy!
- Mix it evenly. Let it sit for at least 1 hour. You can do it overnight too.
- Add in about 1 cup of plain flour. Toss it until they all nicely coated.
- Bake the chicken wings in the MIDDLE of the oven, 400 °F, 30 minutes. It is better to put a roasting rack under, that will be better. Because the liquid can drop down and the other side will turn out much better.
- 30 minutes later, flip it over. Bake it for another 30 minutes.
- While waiting, let’s make the sauce. 1.5 tbsp of homemade garlic chili sauce like i say before, you can use Asian style chili sauce. I try it many times, they work fine and taste good.
- After that, we gonna add in 1/4 cup of honey, 1.5 tbsp of lemon juice, 1 and a half tbsp of hoisin sauce, 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- Cook it on medium heat until it is thick
- Coat the chicken wings with the sauce. You are done.