Today I am giving you 6 dumpling dipping sauce recipes that you must try. I covered different styles from north and south of China. Some are Spicy, some are not. Some are sweet, some are savory. Make sure to watch it until the end. You will find something you like. So let’s get started.
Note: Product links below are affiliate links. I may earn a commission if you purchase an item on a linked website within 24 hours.
NO. 1 - Chili oil dipping sauce (serves 1-2)
NO. 2 - Sesame peanut dipping sauce (serves 2-3)
NO. 3 - Spicy soy dipping sauce (serves 3)
NO. 4 - Vinegar ginger dipping sauce (serves 1)
- some shredded fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp of white vinegar
- 2 tsp of soy sauce
NO. 5 - Garlic vinegar sauce (serves 1)
NO. 6 - Scallion ginger dipping sauce (serves 2)
- 2.5 tbsp of grated ginger
- 3 tbsp of diced scallion
- 1.5 tsp of diced cilantro stem
- 2-3 tbsp of peanut oil or vegetable oil
- white pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp of salt or to taste
NO. 1 - Chili oil dipping sauce
- This dipping sauce is simple and basic. It showed up in my videos many times, such as Egg Dumplings, Fried Crispy Wonton, Shrimp Siu Mai, Pork & Celery Dumpling. It is quick and easy. Especially when I just finished filming a video and I am exhausted, This sauce just comes in handy. It goes good with almost any kind of dumplings.
NO. 2 - Sesame peanut dipping sauce
- You will find this dipping sauce in Sha Xian Xiao Chi (沙县小吃), which is a popular chan all over china. It is nonspicy and kids friendly. Not only you can serve it with dumplings but also it is great for noodles, hot pot, and satay skewers. I love the sweet and nutty taste. It does add some heaviness to the dumpling though. You might want to have some drinks at the same time.
NO. 3 - Spicy soy dipping sauce
- This is very common, kind of like a home-style all-purpose dipping sauce. Not only you can use it for dumplings, but we also use it for hot pot (it is great for meat and seafood). Oh, it can also be a meat marinade sauce.
NO. 4 - Vinegar ginger dipping sauce
- This is a special dipping sauce that you will find in soup dumpling restaurants. It is very light but refreshing. It brightens up the dumpling itself, which is perfect for soup dumplings because you want to be able to enjoy the broth. Of crouse, it is good for regular dumplings as well.
NO. 5 - Garlic vinegar sauce
- This is a northern Chinese style dumpling dipping sauce - lots of garlic and vinegar. Smell amazing and the flavor is perfect. I love it so much.
NO.6 - Scallion ginger dipping sauce
- This sauce is originally served with Cantonese white cut chicken, which is a traditional dish from the south of China. But I found it goes so good for dumplings as well. It is full of scallion flavor. Smells incredible and intense. The best part is that it doesn’t cover the meat flavor. It is good when you want to enjoy the dumpling itself. It is a lot of ginger but it is not hot at all. It tastes quite gentle so you can serve it for people that don’t eat spicy food.